So I took a look at the CIW and only found that there does not appear to be a
direct way to disable .pst.  On step 14 one can choose the path and filename.
But there is no explicit way to block this.  If I enter no path will this
disable it?  I found not mention in the documentation online.  It looks like
the only way to do this is to not include the pst service and use ACL to lock
the registry.  But as you point out this requires reinstalling.

Jim Liddil