<copied and pasted>
Create a distribution list (using Exchange Adminstrator) and a public folder
(using Outlook)

In Exchange Administrator set the email address for the public folder to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Add the public folder as a member of the distribution list.  (In Exchange
Administrator, scroll to the public folder, then go to file > properties >
distribution lists > add > then add the distribution list)

Go to the permissions tab of the public folder properties in Outlook. Give
the folder default permissions > contributor (Exchange 2000 set anonymous to
contributor)

Go to the public folder in outlook, right click on the folder and click on
properties. Click the administration tab and then click on the folder
assistant. Click Add rule. In the to: field, select the distribution list
created in the beginning. Select reply with template and type in the reply
text and subject > save and close. click ok twice.

Be sure to note in the body of the reply: "This is an autoresponse. Please
do not respond to this message."

click add rule, select delete, say ok to "this rule will fire for all
incoming messages..."

(make sure that the reply rule is noted before the delete rule.)

Publish the email address of the distribution list.