There are plenty of them on TechNet.  Have at them.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jim Underwood
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 6:56 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Guidance for Upgrade of Small Network to W2K/E2K

Hi All,

I need some guidance for upgrading a small WNT4/EX5.5 network to a
W2K/E2K network, moving to completely new HW for the servers.  I have
read/studied a number of MS docs on upgrading, but it's still not clear
what is the best approach.

CURRENT NETWORK:
   SERVER1 - WNT4 SP6a SERVER
      -- PDC
      -- EX5.5 SP3
      -- IIS
      -- File Server

   5 W2K Pro Clients

DESIRED NEW W2K NETWORK:
   SERVER2 - New Machine, Clean install all SW
      -- W2K Adv Server SP2
            RAM:  512MB
            HD:   RAID5 27GB
      -- DC (Forest root) with NEW Domain name
      -- E2K
      -- File Server (all data files from SERVER1)

   SERVER3 - New Machine, Clean install all SW
      -- W2K Adv Server SP2
      -- DC
      -- IIS

   5 W2K Pro Clients

   OLD SERVER1 (NT4) will be decommissioned

If feasible, I'd like to build SERVER2 as a clean install of both W2K
and E2K with new domain name, and then migrate all Exchange mailboxes
and PF from SERVER1.  I don't mind re-entering the user accounts and
groups.  I know that it would be better to have a RAID1 for the OS and
Exchange logs, but I don't have the HW to do this.  So SERVER2 will be
setup as one logical drive of 27GB using RAID5.

If there's any document(s) out there that addresses this scenario,
please let me know.  What I need to know are the best top-level steps
for migrating from the all WNT4/E5.5 network to a new all W2K/E2K
network.  I can figure out the details.

TIA for all guidance.

Best Regards,
JMU