You are out of disk space? You have over a 100GB with only 54GB of disk
space.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Q Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:31 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Clients expirence a slow mail server

I have a single E2K system with only 55 users. Heavy users, but only 55.

The issue I am experiencing is that users complain about slow mail from
Outlook. It takes for ever to perform any operation.

But, if I reboot the mail server the issue goes away until the next day.

Any ideas? Where should I be looking to improve system performance.

All specs and details are below.

When I run a topology calculator from the MS site it gives me  the feedback
that 1 server should be sufficient.

Enterprise version

Win 2K server

Dual Intel 733 Procs

2.5 GB RAM

4 x 18.2GB  (RAID 5)

IS store = 89.GB (Public Store = 35MB)

Anti Virus SW = Trend Scanmail6 for E2K (scanning body and attachments)

Send aprox. 10K messages a day external, 10K internal

All users use OLK XP, 5 OWA users. No POP or IMAP clients. (desktop = XP)

Backups nightly of mail store and file system, NOT THE M drive! (Netbackup)

network connection the mail system = <10ms. (1 100BaseT connection from mail
system, all clients on same switch)

High latency is shown for RPC packets from Perf mon, but unsure of the
cause.

Thanks for ANY ideas,

- John Q Jr.