Actully just before you asked this question I remembered that we do have
procedures that we go through when a user leaves which includes exporting
their mailbox to a PST file.  I unfortunately don't handle our backups and
restores and moves, adds, and changes it's our Admin people.  I do have
alittle control of it though.  This last mailbox that we had to restore
gave all kinds of errors and we had to reboot the server I don't think we
had a PST file though.  It's good practice to be able to restore a mailbox
though since that's what we're using Backup Exec for.

Karon