Does not support it in that it doesn't reject mail from a server that
doesn't have a valid PTR? No. You'd reject a heck of a lot of potentially
legitimate mail that way.

> How about Exchange 2000?

IBID

> How effective is Reverse DNS to help the control of Spam?

About as effective as a screwdriver in building a house.

> What problems/issues will we encounter if we do implement reverse DNS in
> some for on front end servers whatever it may be?

You'll reject mail from thousands of misconfigured mail hosts, with a strong
bias towards smaller shops.

> What about users who have POP and have their return address set to be
> something other than their ISP but they use the ISP as the relay?

You could potentially reject those as well depending on the filtering method
employed.

> When they state the Mail From: they mean the From: in the display area and
> not all the routes?

I believe they generally mean the RFC821 Mail from.

> If you have a front end relay like PMDF/VMS which relays first.last@domain
> to a messaging system, reverse DNS will not prevent spam to the receiving
> systems since it will also validate from the relay?

Unless that server does the filtering or you use a product which will filter
based on IP addresses in the headers.