From: Aristotle Zoulas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 3:52 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: PST Files on a network share

As an IT Manager of a decent size organization, I would say the most
valuable employees get the job done with the resources at hand. There have
been many articles that show too many IT Departments today are "OVER-RAIDED,
Over Staffed, and Over-Redundant." The idea of throwing money at something
to "make it 'go away"', is for the uneducated. There are "levels" of risk
and degrees of safety. The maximum is not for everybody.

To go out and spend money to get a job done is simple. To get it done
without spending money (or spending less) requires thinking and planning.

As an example, removing the ability to send "high risk" files (*.pif, *.bat,
etc.) within exchange drastically reduces the likelihood of getting a virus
in your company. To not perform the above and to opt to get some EXPENSIVE
software is doing your company an injustice.

It is our duty to get the job done while keeping expenses low. All while
presenting risk levels and exposure to the company owners. If they will pay
for it, let them decide.