Dear all,

a user has deleted a public folder and all its subfolders..duh!  She has
owner permission on the all the folders and is using outlook 2000 client.
If we select all public folders and then recover deleted items we can see
the main public folder we wish to retrieve, but when we try to recover it ,
it complains that we do not have permission to recover some or all of the
items.  All KB articles say we have to have all permissions on the folders
which we do have (i.e. owner with edit, delete etc permission)  I have tried
it being logged on as exchadmin, also does not work.  What else can we try?
Deleted item retention is on and we are still within  the relevant time
period. I'd prefer to avoid going to backups!
Exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4 sp6.
Thanks

Vanessa Watkins
Royal Holloway, University of London