Aloha,

We have just installed an Exchange 2K server. We are using Outlook 2K and Windows 2K.
We are not using Exchange for email at this
time (Loooooooong story - please no flames - our managers want shared
contacts/calendars right away and want to wait to convert our
email - grrrrr). We use Outlook to read our 'Internet email' off of our UNIX
Post.Office server. The problem is that Outlook issues
the 'retrieve' to POP3 and immediately gets the email, it then issues the 'delete' to
remove the mail from the server. THEN Outlook
waits at least 5 to 10 seconds to issue the next 'retrieve' command (we sniffed the
POP3 server). This is generally no big deal
except that when a user exits Outlook to go on vacation or home or whatever, and
queues up a large number of emails, it takes a very
long time to completely read all their mail. I suggested to wait until we go to
Exchange email but the bosses want it fixed now. I
could not find anything in the FAQ, KDB, etc that matched the problem. There is one
question that talks about TCP/IP issues but that
has been ruled out here.

Any ideas - and I already know that we should be on Exchange mail but that is not an
option yet.

Thanks in advance,

Don Couch

PS - another oddity - I sent this message three different times before this send. All
three times I told it to go plain text - all
three times it was rejected by the list as being stylized text or HTML - I bcc'd it to
a co-worker and it showed up as HTML - what
gives?

I sent the other three when my Outlook settings were set to out all received mail in
the 'mailbox'. I sent this message with the
settings set to receive mail into the 'personal folder'. Odd