Hi,

Scenario:

"BOX1" Win2K Adv Server Active Directory Master/Global Server (only AD
server currently in the configuration) "BOX2" Win2K Adv Server with
Exchange Server 2000 Gold (e.g. no SP's yet). Both Dell PowerEdge, both
Windows SP-2, Exchange SP-2

Both systems are on the domain, both are unrestricted (not yet being
used, this is a test setup).

I can install Exchange 2000 without any problems from the original
install CD - upon completion I reboot the server, and none of the
exchange services will start - the system attendant won't start, and
obviously as they all depend on it, everything else fails too.

The errors I receive are:

ID 1002 / MSExchangeMU / Metabase Agent failed to start. Error code is
80040a01
ID 9004 / MSExchangeSA / The metabase Update service failed to start,
error '8004a01'
ID 1005 / MSExchangeSA / Unexpected Error occurred. An unknown error has
occurred.

I've had a search around the knowledge base and tried some suggestions,
so far no luck.

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions to point me in the right
direction... I'm guessing it's something I've overlooked, I just can't
see what.

Any help wuld be appreciated.

Cheers
Vince