I love Exmerge/.

--Kevinm KMAP-SR, M, WLKMMAS, UCC+WCA, And Beyond
http://www.daughtry.ca/ For Graphics and WebDesign, GO here!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Rob Hackney
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 7:04 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: exmerge or not?

Hi all,
I am planning a migration from 5.5 to an existing 2k/AD server because
of an office relocation.  2 different sites which are not connected  but
same domain (kind of...  Under NT the domain is called mydomain and
under SBS2k it is mydomain.co.uk). I've read up on the WP and also
related KB, plus the Ed Cowley move server method - I tried to read to
read appendix k in the faq but it will not enlarge.  Any reason why?
They don't quite seem to address what I have to do tho. Anyway, I would
like your opinions on the best way to migrate the data - Would the best
way to do it just connect the 2 sites once they are physically together
and use the migration wizard? Or should I use exmerge or can I use the
alternate method of copying the edb files?  If i copy the edb, how to I
get the data in that into the exch2k edb files? Would I also be correct
in assuming that if I use the migration wizard, then the user accounts
will also be created? Has anyone ran a similar migration before? This
will be tested 1st of course. TIA

Support Analyst
T.K.C. Sales Ltd.
5 Ashmead Industrial Estate