i am living in the wrong world.

SSL needed for time update.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Patti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 4:46 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Time Sync

Since windows time service is a SNTP client, and not a good on at that, It
does not look at the "leap indicator" to check to see if the time server
that is giving it time has been synced. windows time service also doesn't
take inyo account the time it takes for the NTP packet to make the round
trip. Also NTP4 uses SSL ant NTP v3 uses MD5.