This isn't an emergency... This is just a machine that I use at home for
playing and testing things.  Backups didn't exist:

So somewhere along the line, bad things happened to my Exchange 2k public
and private stores, as well as the logs.

Using eseutil, I was able to repair the private store.  I got it mounted and
now Outlook can connect and OWA works.

However, I tried to eseutil the public store and after alot of hair pulling,
I couldn't get it repaired.  I do happen to have a .pst backup of the public
folders (basically, my wife's recipes and her family contact list).

So I went ahead and created a new Public Store... but how do I tell Exchange
to use this new public store for Public Folders?

One final question:  The repaired private store doesn't mount automatically;
when I reboot (which is often - again, this is my playground).  I have to
manually mount it.  The "Do not mount this store on startup" option is not
checked.

What a mess!