hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Rosenthal,
Daniel A.
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 6:59 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: HP/Compaq EVA

Does anyone have any experiences with HP/Compaq's Enterprise Virtual
Array in regards to Exchange 2000?  They'd like us to believe, it seems,
that the rules about transaction logs and databases being on seperate
physical volumes do not apply using this technology, because fault
tolerance is spread across so many volumes in the disk group.  Also they
would have us believe that with vraid5 for both logs and databases we'd
see no performance issues.  The big stress is that this isn't your older
brother's scsii raid anymore.

Thanks.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to
National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the National Grid USA Help desk on 508-389-3375.