Hi list,

I am trying to enable secure email communication with Exchange and Outlook. Using the
German versions of W2K and E2K it is some kind of hard to find the English terms. Hope
you are able to understand it anyway.

What I want to
--------------
Outlook users shall be able to sign and encrypt mails with X.509.

Problem
-------
After the Outlook user entered the token from the administrator he is still awaiting
the confirmation from exchange. Security features are still disabled.

What I did
----------
Administrator
- Install and set up certification server in Win2K and install and set up enhanced
security in E2K.
- Adding the security guidelines in certification server for Exchange User
- Configuring token deployment in Exchange enhanced security to deploy tokens per email
- Starting to sign in a single test user
Test user
- gets token per Email.
- opens outlook options --> security --> request digital ID.
- enters token.
- enters password.
- expect confirmation from exchange administrator...
Administrator
- doesn't know where to confirm...

What I don't understand
-----------------------
Now I expected the Exchange Server/Certification server to generate the key pair and
to deploy the private key to Outlook. But nothing happens. Security options in Outlook
are still disabled. The user has a certificate on the server, but I don't know how to
handle the keys.

Any hints, how to proceed?

Regards

Elmer