Title: RE: MS Exchange Archiving Software

Storagetek and Legato use the same product.  It was originally developed by OTG software, and OTG was bought out by Legato.  We are going with the StorageTek solution here because we are already using their ASM product for several other applications, and their support is local.

I did not like Enterprise Vault too much, I don't know why, it just gave me that <bad feeling> :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Vesneski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 12:26 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: MS Exchange Archiving Software

Hi,

I wanted to find out if anyone has used any software application out there
to retain/archive email off of their Exchange servers?

There are some email DL's, PF's, and mailboxes where I have to retain email
for very long periods of time.  I want to offload it from the Exchange
servers and have been looking at:

http://www.kvsinc.com/ their 'Enterprise Vault'

http://www.storagetek.com/solutions/email/ their 'ASM Software'

http://www.wpoint.co.uk/email_archive_microsoft_exchange2000.htm their
'IXOS-eCONserver' software

http://www.legato.com/products/emailxtender/emailarchive.cfm their
'EmailArchive' software

Thanks in advance,

Erik Vesneski

Exchange List admin:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
of this information is strictly prohibited.