Hi All,

Server info:
Dual P3 1.0GHz
512MB SDRAM
Window 2000 SP2
OS RAID: OS on mirrored partions and RAID 5 over 3 paritions
Seagate DAT drive 04687 on an Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI card

        I have been using Veritas Backup Exec 8.0 with Exchange 5.5 for
sometime now. I have never experience a problem until I did a server move of
Exchange to a better server. Besides the hardware being new, although I am
using the same tape drive, the only other difference is that the old one was
running WinNT 4.0 SP6a and the new one is running Windows 2000 SP2.

        Well, shortly after moving to the new server, I keep getting a job
status of failed. Closer investigation revels why it failed. There is always
at least one e-mail that is corrupt and it looks like this in the log file:

WARNING: "<any user name>?Top of Information Store?SBANE?Verb Info" is a
corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Now at first I just figured that there was a problem with this e-mail so I
asked the user to delete it and to also permanently deleted it from the
recover items window (we use item retention)

But what happens is that at most I will get one good back up and then the
next job will fail because there is another e-mail that is corrupt! I repeat
the same deletion process and it happens again. It does not stop.

Any ideas of how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Joe Rojas