This is SMTP Service in IIS in Windows 2000 Server . . .

Everything was running fine and I decided to move on and "harden" my server
as described in the O'Reily book about building Windows 2000 Bastion Hosts.

I went through and disabled all un-needed services as prescribed and
rebooted.

The SMTP service is runing and stops/starts without error. However, mail
just sits in the QUEUE and never leaves.
Also, the Virtual SMTP Server item is missing from the IIS MMC Console. ????

-- I disabled all "uneeded" services although clearly something was needed?
-- I deleted the nb.sys driver which allows for netbios browsing
-- I enabled TCP port filtering but am allowing ports 80, 25 and 443.
-- Rebooted and then :(

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Chris