-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of MS Exchange
List
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 5:49 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: E2K: OUTLOOK "Can't open this item" SP3 bug?

OS: Win2K, SP2, IIS Roll-up, (+most Critical "Windows Update" published
hotfixes)
E2K: Native, SP3, Trend 6.0 Scanmail
Single Native Domain, Single Exchange Server, 1 SG, 4 Mailbox DBs, 1 PF DB

Hello,

Not sure if this is a new bug introduced with E2K SP3, or just my bad luck
with E2K.

Some users are unable to open/delete/move/reply/forward... some Messages
with OUTLOOK (various versions) or E2K OWA.  The error they get in OUTLOOK
is:

"Can't open this item"

On the Server side an error is logged in the App log:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: Content Engine
Event ID:       12002