Used it on 5 or 6 servers a couple of years ago to move them from being a
BDC in a different domain to become members in a consolidated domain.
Worked great, and no probs since.  Servers still up and active.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Fernandez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 September 2002 9:51 a.m.
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Demoting BDC to member server running exchange

I'm in the process of changing our exchange server (Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT 4
SP6a) which also happens to be a BDC to a stand alone server.  I want to
minimize downtime and was wondering if any of had used UPromote from Algin
Technology?  To either demote or promote a BDC to a member server.

Also what the recommendations are to this regard, should I just re-install
NT and exchange or trust UPromote?

Thanks

Mario Fernandez
Network Administrator
DataSynapse
632 Broadway 5th Floor
New York, NY 10012
tel. (212) 842-8849
fax. (212) 842-8843

View the DataSynapse email disclaimer here:
  e-mail disclaimer <http://www.datasynapse.com/legal/emailprivacy.jsp>

NOTICE - This e-mail is only intended to be read by the named recipient.  It
may contain information which is confidential, proprietary or the subject of
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail. You may not use any information
contained in it.  Legal privilege is not waived because you have read this
e-mail.

For further information on the Beca Group of Companies, visit our web page
http://www.beca.co.nz