From: Pfefferkorn, Pete (PFEFFEPE) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 8:39 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: UDP port probe after moving mailboxes to new 5.5 Server.

Exchange 5.5 SP4

We just installed a new Exchange 5.5 server under Windows 2000 and are
moving mailboxes onto the new system.  I've had a few users who are running
blackice on the desktop that are now stating that their accounts are
receiving a UDP probe from the new mail system and they are wondering why
that is occurring.  I thought maybe it's something to do with new mail
notification, but I don't understand why it would not have occurred on the
old systems.  I should state that the old server is running NT 4.0 versus
2000 for the new box.

Pete Pfefferkorn
Senior Systems Engineer/Mail Administrator
University of Cincinnati
51 Goodman Street
Cincinnati, OH  45221
Phone - (513) 556-9076