Load balancing and /or redundancy ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Parrnelli GS11 Ben T [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:48 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Any benefits to multiple NICs in Ex5.5?

Scenario:

NT 4.0 SP6a SRP
Exchange 5.5 SP4
10/100 NIC
ATM NIC

I've got two NICs in every exchange server and would like to put them to
good use.  I initially thought I would try to route all replication
traffic
through the Ethernet nic that's connected to all the other exchange
servers
via a switch.  Then allow all other traffic to flow through the ATM NIC.
However, I've found no documentation on how to make this happen.

So having said all that, my question again; would there be any benefits
using both NICs?

Thanks.

Ben Parrnelli
Network Administrator