From: Allison M. Wittstock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 4:56 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Doubles of all Outlookfolders

Hello,

So I used Exmerge exported all of my user's data and re-imported them on
the
new server.  Worked fine. Except...

I went to my users' PCs and opened their Outlooks (v2000) and tested
that
everything was OK (I only have 8 users so this wasn't a big deal, and I
needed
to set a registery key on their machines anyway).

There was however 1 laptop user who had his machine at home, so I
couldn't
login to his machine and test his mailbox.  So, I opened it on a
workstation
(running Office 2000 English version), saw everything was OK, and logged
out. I
didn't notice double objects, though.

This morning he says he has doubles of all of the Outlook folders:
contacts,
calendar, notes, etc.  One has the English name and the other is the
German
name. All new emails are going in the "Inbox" (and not into the
"Posteingang"
were all of the old mails are), and users trying to read his "Kalender"
see only
his "Calendar", which of course, is empty.

How do I fix it?  Can he safely copy the old data into the English
folders
and then delete the German ones?  Thankfully the user does not care
which
language the folders display.

Both Exchange servers are Exchange 2000 (German)
Client is Outlook 2000 (German) with Windows 98 (German)

Regards,
Allison Wittstock