Queue management is pretty nice???

William Lefkovics, MCSE-NT4, MCSE-W2K, A+, WLKMMAS, ExchangeMVP

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Andrey
Fyodorov
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 10:51 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: IMC as relay system (off topic)

Exchange 2000 SMTP is quite good, providing you don't skimp on hardware.
I have a couple of Exchange SMTP gateways that are load-balanced with
WLBS. One is a dual CPU, 650MHz, 512 MB RAM. The other one is single
CPU, 800MHz, 512 MB RAM.

They are probably relaying ~50,000 messages per day and do not seem to
be stressed.

I like Exchange 2000 as SMTP relay because the queue management is
pretty nice.

I would not recommend using IPSwitch Imail as an SMTP gateway - it
chokes when it has to send a lot of mail at once.

Rockliffe Mailsite is pretty good. It also has aliasing capability. For
example you could create a wildcard alias *@company.com ->
*@exchange.company.com and it will rewrite the addresses and reroute
mail. However I have also seen MailSite choke on large amounts of mail.
And queue management is not that untuitive.