Don't block .zip, make them zip their .exe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mellott, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 3:09 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Trend Scanmail Q: filt EXE but make exceptions

Can anyone using the Trend Scanmail product on Exchange(55) answer the
following:
Q: Is it possible to set the scanmail to filter EXE attachments, and/but
Make exceptions for centain EXE's?

Here is the deal:
Ive got Exch55sp4 NT4sp6a...
Running GRPSHL 4.5sp1....(stop laughing it works now......finally)
Ok So Ive got GS to filter out all EXE (along with martins list of evil
too...plus some others)
My problem was that I had to make an exception for 2 EXE's for an internal
app to send out...NAI Tech came up with a reg hack/entry where I could
specify these 2 EXE's and GS would allow them to pass.

Ive been considering going to Scanmail.......but have not gotten a straight
answer(from Trend) as to weather I could do this...All I got was...dont
filter EXE on the exchange box..do it at the interscan smtp prefilter
software/box....sorry but I want to filter EXE's in the exchange box
too....but I need these exceptions

thanks
bill