-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Michael
Anderson
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 12:29 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.5 upgrade to 2000 on different domains (helpl!)

Hello,

This weekend, we have to accomplish a pretty serious task - upgrading a
Exchange 5.5 Server on one Domain, and somehow convert/migrate it to
Exchange 2000 on another domain.

What would be the best way to attack this problem?  Create a Trust
Relationship so the 2 domains can talk to each other first?  -or-
Temporarily have the 5.5 Server (or vice versa) join the other Domain
temporarily?  I think that may break the server however - because the
Admin Authentication would get screwed up as the service starts using
the Domain Administrator login account right?  I need a bulletproof way
to accomplish this task, as there is no room for screw ups right now.

One thing in our favor, is that we are not upgrading the server itself -
so the original data files will always be intact - with no chance of
corruption.  But still my Monday, we have to have all the users moved
over to the new domain, and working off of Exchange 2000.

If the experts on the list could jump in briefly, and offer some really
good advice on this topic, I would greatly be in your debt.  Thank you
in advance for any help you can offer to me.

Mike -