I've been using the Cloudmark's Spamnet on my system for a few weeks now,
and it just doesn't seem to do the job very well.

  First of all, with my MAPI connection, The spam email is sitting there
waiting for Spamnet when I start Outlook. Spamnet won't automatically scan
new mail on start up.  It's a couple of clicks to make it scan the Inbox.
Which it does _slowly_. Also, it checks all mail in the requested folder
rather than just "Unread" mail.  If you have rules that have moved mail to
other folders while outlook is running, you'll have to manually check those
folders for Spam.  In my case, it seems to block _maybe_ 50% of the 15-30
spam messages that I get eache evening.  Then I have to block them manaully,
which is also time consuming.  And more often than not, the same Spam from
the same source (or something slightly similar) is back the next day and I
start over.   I gather from reading the Cloudmark forums that it has the
same problem with IMAP clients. It apears that it's really only designed for
use with POP mailboxes.

  Spamnet seems to run well during the day, however since this morning, it's
only 2 for 6 in correctly catching Spam.

  I also wonder about how well this whole "community reporting" thing is
going to work.  I religiously report spam everyday, but it seems the same
stuff comes over and over again. I know that people are going to block
newsletters, I've done it myself by mistake.  But consider this.  A company
called "Kean Offers" has my name on their lists and is sending me Spam.
But, this company just happens to be a legit opt-in company, and they will
happily take me off their mailing list if I click "Remove".  They got my
name from a purchased mailing list, not from me opting in, but since they
have a working remove policy, they can legitimately argue that they should
not be blocked.
  However, I have no idea whether the "remove" link is legit, or if it's
just going to get me on more mailing lists!   And isn't it just as easy for
a spamming compnay to "unblock" itself as it is for users to block them?
Dr. Evil is evil, not stupid.  Seeing as how the Spam blocking feauture
doesn't seem all that effective now, I can only imagine that strategies to
thwart Spamnet are in the works.

  I'd feel better if the company seemed to be participating in there support
forums.  Most of the questions and comments on the web page are simply
answered by other users saying "Me Too"

  Jim Helfer
 WTW Architects
 Pittsburgh PA