Search on support.microsoft.com

Plenty of hits

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Parrnelli GS11
Ben T
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 10:59
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Event ID 1171 help?

Scenario:

NT 4.0 SP6a SRP
Exchange 5.5 SP4

I'm in the processing of replacing two servers with a more powerful one.

I setup the new server and joined the site.  I've moved all of the
mailboxes from the first server onto the new one and didn't appear to be
having any issues.

However, starting on the 25th (which coincides with when I rebooted my
bridgehead for the other problem I posted to the group about) I started
receiving the below error about every 6-8 hours.

SYMPTOMS
The Exchange Server 5.5 directory may log the following event in the
application event log:
Event ID: 1171
Source: MSExchangeDS
(internal ID 3190022). Contact Microsoft Technical Support for
assistance.

Based on my reading through newsgroups, etc. I thought it may have been
a resolution error.  However, I do have an entry in the DNS and was
successful with RPC Ping to the bridgehead.  I also tried rebooting all
the servers just to make sure it wasn't something to do with the
bridgehead reboot.

Ben Parrnelli
Network Administrator
Comm & Data Directorate