From: Alverson, Tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 12:38 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: EX5.5 Move Mailbox only works in one direction???

I just added a second exchange 5.5 server to our organization.  At first I
had it in the lab and just moved my own mailbox to is as a guinea pig.  They
were both in this building.  I then moved my mailbox back to the first
server and shipped the second one to a remote office connected by a VPN.  At
first NAV for exchange wasn't starting due to the changed IP address (they
are on a different subnet). I found the old IP in the registry and changed
it and now NAV starts.  I moved one user right away with no problems but
forget which server I did the move on (I remote control the other server).
Now today when I tried to move some more users, the progress screen would
just flash on the screen for a second and go away.  In the event log it just
had an ID 1800 error (could not move user doe, john) and no other
information or errors.  I tried a couple of mailboxes and got the same
result (this was on the remote server).  I then tried it on the first server
and it worked just fine there.  Very strange...

Tom Alverson