From: Garrish, Robert B. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 October 2002 14:24 pm
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: W32/Bugbear@MM - No File Attachment

Dear DL Members,

        At Wawa, on the Exchange Servers, we are running GroupShield
4.0.4. The Scan Engine (4160) and DAT files (4227) are up to date.

        GroupShield is detecting and quarantining the W32/Bugbear@MM
virus, as long as the infected e-mail message has an actual file
attachment.  If the infected e-mail message does not have a file
attachment, GroupShield is not detecting it, thus we have some PCs and
Laptops that get infected, and our Network Printers and Shared Printers
print off over 100 pages of garbled text.
        Common to these e-mail messages with not files attachments is,
they are all HTML (as opposed to Rich Text or Plain Text).

        Is anyone else with GroupShield experiencing this problem?

        What are you doing, to the Exchange Servers, to fix this?

        I can open these e-mail messages from my Laptop, which has the
latest version of the Scan Engine and DAT files, without getting
infected. Having the client Scan Engine and DAT files is a solution, and
we are working on it.

        Let me know.
        Thanks.

Rob Garrish