I know the topic has been hit before, but it seems to me I've tried all
the fixes:  W2KSP3, E2KSP3, simple network, only one exchange box.
Public folders are visible via OWA while on the LAN.  OWA works fine
outside the LAN as well, except for public folders.

>From outside, going to server.domain.com/exchange with a user logon &
password works.  Going to server.domain.com/public with same user logon
& password doesn't work.  But once the user has authenticated to the
/Exchange folder, you can just change the url to /Public and - poof -
the public folders come up properly.

I've modified the domains to the correct one in ESM/protocols, and under
the corresponding places in IIS manager.  Technet says everything will
be fine if you just go to the latest service pack, but not so.  The
issue is clearly one of authentication, but I must be overlooking
something.  Could someone tell me what it is?  Thanks,

David