I don't have any direct personal experience with RAV, but I know that is
what SpamCop is using for their filtered email service and a virus has
never gotten through it to my inbox.  I get a message like the one below
every time a virus is sent to my email address.  -Greg

---------------------------------------

RAV AntiVirus for Linux i686 version: 8.3.2 (snapshot-20020108)

-----------------------
 RAV Antivirus results

The infected file was saved to quarantine with name:
1033017416-RAV16417.
The file (part0000:)->(IFRAME0000) attached to mail (with
subject:Helvetica, sans) sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED],
is infected with virus: HTML/IFrame_Exploit*.
The mail was not delivered because it contained dangerous code.

this is a copy of the Received lines from the header: