Switch to x.400 connectors. There is precious little difference, at the
network level, between Site Connectors and intrasite communications - they
both rely entirely on RPC connectivity, which frankly blows across unstable
or tempermental WANs.

Alternately (since you'd need to own Enterprise to use x.400 connectors),
you could also use the IMS as your connector, but I find x.400 easier to use
for connector purposes.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA