hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of James
Casstevens
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 10:22 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Good Working Software to prevent SPAM

Lately, our School District has been getting more and more SMAM e-mails.
We are currently using Scan Mail for Exchange 5.5 and the e-manager part
to filter out SMAM which leaves a lot to be desired because when a user
gets a SMAM e-mail, it is deleted (about 50%) of the time, however the
user, in addition, gets a message that states "The original message
content contained a virus or was blocked due to blocking rules and has
been removed."  We have discussed the problem with Trend, and they seem
to have no way to prevent the user from receiving this additional
message.  So what is the difference in a user getting SPAM or a user
getting a message saying that your SPAM has been deleted?  Isn't the
whole idea to limit the number of e-mail messages to those that which
have some meaning to the user.

My question to the group is:  is there anyone using a product out there
that they are pleased with and that is preventing SPAM from getting to
the end user, that does not send additional mails to the user telling
them that their SPAM has been deleted?

Any advise and or guidance on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

James J. Casstevens
Network Administrator
Napa Valley Unified School District