hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Imran Iqbal
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 2:35 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: 3 Public Folder problems

I was wondering if anyone could help with any of the 3 PF problems I am
having below.  I think all 3 are related and are symptoms of the same
underlying issue.  I am new to Exchange 2000 but have used 5.5 for many
years.  I am testing a migration.  We are moving to a new domain but
will be upgrading the Exchange Organisation.

Problem 1 - No Free/Busy Information
Migrated mailboxes are unable to schedule meetings with other users,
even other migrated mailboxes.  When you try to check someones
availability it just comes up scored out saying free/busy information is
unavailable.

Problem 2 - Can't manage PFs from client PC.
My Public Folder hierarchy has replicated over to the Exchange 2000
system manager successfully.  However, if I try to check the properties
on any folder I get an error saying 'An unhandled exception occurred'  I
can check the properties successfully directly from the server.  The
only folder that I can check are those that are in another 5.5 site that
as yet has not got an Exchange 2000 server.

Problem 3 - Can't see folder contents in outlook
I am unable to view the contents of public folders in outlook unless
they have a local replica on the Exchange 2000 server.  Even if the
mailbox has permissions to the folder.

Thanks in advance

Imran