I don't see ADSI Edit as an option.  Where do I find/install it?

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Greg Deckler
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 12:15 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Removing Old Servers From Exchange 2K

I would suggest using ADSIEdit.

1. Start | Run | "mmc" | OK
2. Console | Add/Remove Snap-in
3. Add button | ADSI Edit | Add | Close
4. OK
5. Right click on ADSI Edit and choose "Connect to..."
6. Under "Naming Context" select "Configuration Container" | OK
7. Expand Configuration Container | expand
"CN=Configuration,DC=<domain>"
8. Expand CN=Services | CN=Microsoft Exchange | CN=<organization name>
9. Expand CN=Administrative Groups, CN=<administrative group> |
CN=Servers

You should now see a listing of your Exchange servers. Blast Server A.

This will remove Server A from AD entirely which will remove it from the
Exchange System Manager. Let me know if you have any questions or
issues.