'Goof' might be a bit too harsh... It's certainly a PITA and a change in
behavior, but it's a deliberate one based on the architectural changes made
(not being an apologist by any means, it certainly is frustrating). I
believe that if, instead of setting global limits, you set them on a per
user basis, you'll get the behavior you desire. Setting them on a per user
basis, begs for programmatic creation of users... Another interesting kettle
of fish.