We installed EX2k in August for our Students

2 back end servers - Ex2k with SP2 on Advanced Server with SP3 - this holds
the 17000 student mailboxes - all appears to be fine here. Compaq Utilities
installed on both - These are connected to a SAN.

Originally 1 front end server - dual PIII processors with 1Gb RAM, EX2k SP2
with Advanced Server SP3 - this is/was for Incoming External mail (via our
Sendmail server) and OWA.
        This server would regularly stop its IIS and Exchange Services with
error code 7031 - This believes that there is a code red worm on the server
- but the server has been patched from Windows Update.

So a second Front end server was put in place for OWA - same build but was
stable until the 1st FE was rebuilt. Everything was put through to the 2nd
FE. 1st FE came up with no problems but 2nd FE then started having the same
problem as the 1st before the rebuild.

SMTP mail put back to 1st Server - everything was stable until 2nd FE was
rebuilt - 2nd now stable but 1st no longer.

The 2nd was rebuilt without the Compaq Utilities and with additional RAm -
now 1.75GB

1st server also started having other problems which have all been resolved
apart from the original 7031 - services termintating unexpectedly.

Has anyone seen this problem, know of a fix, or can point me in the right
direction Please???

Thanks in advance
Helen Best
Bournemouth University