It looks like you don't have reverse DNS and the remote machine does not like that. Or
it maybe that your server's name as supplied in the HELO is different from the reverse
DNS value, I have seen some mail servers that don't like that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rachel Pickens [mailto:rpickens@;pkce.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:59 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Checking NDR

Hello All,
can you help me understand this?
At first glance it looks like my server got on someones black list, but it isn't on
any that I can find.
I have tried contacting this recipient from hotmail, and a 3rd party address, and from
telnet, which is refused connection.
I have never seen the last bit before where it says "IP name possibly forged" and that
bothers me.
Tried MS KB but I don't seem to be able to give it the right keywords to force it to
cough up something I don't already know from the NDR
Any insight appreciated.
My server is Win2K Exch 2k with latest SP's
Their server is unknown
Rachel