Hello all.  I have a E2k front-end server which seems to not want to
keep it's directory security settings for OWA.  Since it's a front-end
server the Directory Security is set to "basic authentication" and all
will work fine for about two days.  After that OWA just returns a "page
not found" error.  At that point I can go back into the IIS admin
program and add/remove any other directory security setting such as
"anonymous" or "integrated Windows" and stop/start the site then remove
that setting and stop/start again to have only basic authentication and
everything will work fine again for a few days (simply rebooting doesn't
help).  I've turned up logging but see nothing at all in any log or the
event viewer which would indicate a problem.  Nothing happens physically
to the server (like a reboot or logoff) before this occurs and I have
tried applying sp3 again.  Just a note that I had the same issue with
sp2 and now with sp3 and I've seen nothing on MS or google.

Any ideas on where to turn would be appreciated.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert
to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to
it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at 954-764-6660 and delete
this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a
forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the
contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced
by Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster, & Russell, P.A.