From: Chris Scharff [mailto:chris_scharff@;messageone.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 11:56 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

> I was logging in with the domain administrator account

My domain admin account doesn't have Exchange admin permissions, so it'd
create this error every time, however...

Check the following files.

How to determine if you are using 56bit or 128 bit encryption on
SECURITY.DLL , NTLMSSPS.DLL and SCHANNEL.DLL file.

Take properties and Version the description of the file will tell.

SECURITY.DLL

NtLm Security Support Provider Client DLL (Export Version) "56 bit version"
NtLm Security Support Provider Client DLL (Domestic Use Only) "128 bit
version"

NTLMSSPS.DLL

NtLm Security Support Provider Service DLL (Export Version) "56 bit version"
NtLm Security Support Provider Service DLL (Domestic Use Only) "128 bit
version"

SCHANNEL.DLL

TLS / SSL Security Provider (Export Version) "56 bit version"
TLS / SSL Security Provider (Domestic Use Only) "128 bit version"

Make sure you DO NOT have a mix of these files. Meaning either 128 Bit on
all three or 56 bit on all three.