If you change the OS between the backup and restore, you usually need to
defragment the database so that it reindexes for the new OS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:roger.seielstad@;inovis.com]
Posted At: Monday, November 11, 2002 6:14 AM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: Server Recovery: Win2k / Exchange 5.5
Subject: RE: Server Recovery: Win2k / Exchange 5.5

Actually, it does, at least in my testing.

Trying to restore an Ex5.5 SP4 database originally backed up on NT4 SP6a
a Win2k SP2 box with Ex5.5 SP4 reported different database versions.
IIRC, I
had to run ESEUTIL to bring the database back to the correct version.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA