From: "Hooks, Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 10:13 AM
Subject: Security Log errors

I have security event log errors on my domain controllers ever since
bringing Exchange 2000 into our enterprise. A little background - single
domain, single site, win2k SP3, native mode. Exchange 2k SP2 - moved
mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 box and followed the steps to remove the
first exchange server. Exchange 5.5 was uninstalled from the old server, but
the box itself remains as a DC on the network.

The errors occur every minute for 15 minutes, every 4 hours, exactly when
one of the RUS runs. When the RUS was "Always Run" so were the errors. There
are 2 RUS entries, one updates all the time and works fine (Recipient Update
Service (Athena)). The other runs every four hours and produces 15 errors
per pop (Recipient Update Service (Enterprise Configuration)). Do I really
need two of these? Is there anyway to see what exactly is in the individual
RUS?

Thanks for your help.

Tim Hooks, MCSE
Columbus, OH

Here is the error message:

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Directory Service Access
Event ID: 565