This is Exchange 2000 SP3.

My users are starting to get the error message "Outlook can't update free/busy
information" after they make new appointments and exit out of Outlook.

I have checked all the KB articles and our situation does not seem to apply.

Our LegacyExchangeDNs do not have all capital letters, or mixes lower case and capital.

This Exchange org never had an Exchange 5.5 servers.

No servers have been removed from the Org.

The Free/Busy system folder exists and correct permissions are in place.

I have tried running outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy but it gave me an error saying that it
could not clean free/busy.

Normal users get this error message but if I log onto the mailbox that belongs to the
"service account", I don't get the error.

Common sense kind of tells me that this is some kind of a permission issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!