It's better to do this with two servers instead of two NICs.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Finch Brett
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 8:11 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Multihome NIC's

 I can't seem to find an article on how to restrict the use of RPC over
one NIC and use the other NIC for only SMTP on a Exchange 5.5 (SPK4)
box. I'm thinking I can answer the first part by using the 'Advanced
features' of the NIC (in W2K) and disable NetBIOS compeltely. But
ensuring all SMTP traffic in and outbound to one is the problem. We're
upgrading the server from NT4 to Win2K and I know the Compaq Dual NIC's
can use the Intel Dual Port drivers which allow a little more
flexibility in the way they operate. Can someone send me a 'Q' article
if this can be done?