From: McBee, Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 3:42 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Updating Outlook 2000 profile when switching to E2K server

Hi everyone:
        I have a sticky problem.  A customer is moving to Exchange 2000.
Everything seems to working okay.  The ADC is configured properly, data
is replicating between Ex 5.5 and AD properly.

        Move a mailbox from Ex 5.5 SP4 to E2K SP3 on W2K SP3. Force the
ADC Recipient CA to run (there is only one recipients CA) then force the
2 DCs (both GCs also) to sync.

        Start Outlook 2000 SR-1 with the user pointing to their old
server.  Outlook starts and they see their mail.   However, the MAPI
profile still points to the Exchange 5.5 server.  The Exchange 5.5
directory (via raw mode) and the AD (via ADSIEDIT) confirms that the
HOME-MDB is the Exchange 2000 server.

        Open the user's MAPI profile settings in the Registry.  Several
of they keys ARE pointing to the Exchange 2000 server, but not all of
them.  This is true even if you have exited Outlook and restarted.  We
have rebooted EVERYTHING numerous times.

        Anyone seen this?  It has got me stumped.

Thanks,
Jim McBee