We are currently running in a mixed mode environment consisting of Exchange
2000 SP3 and Exchange 5.5 SP4.  Whilst we are running in this mixed mode
environment, I've encountered the problem that some distribution lists are
only visible in the Exchange 5.5 directory and not Active Directory.
Unfortunately the site that these DLs are homed on has no remaining Exchange
5.5 servers.  As the last 5.5 server has been removed from this site these
distribution lists are neither editable or deletable.  The ADC doesn't log
any events on these DLs....

This particular site was upgraded from Ex 5.5 by bringing up an Ex 2000
server alongside the 5.5 server, moving the mailboxes to Ex2000 and then
finally decommissioning the Ex 5.5 box.

Before I call PSS, any pearls of wisdom out there?