From: Hansen, Eric [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, 14 December 2002 1:35 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: the IBM Shark

"Other technologies" being what?, cause the only other one I have seen
in the backstore of a SAN is Fiber Channel Arbitrated Loop, SSA is not
arbitrated.  TO me this is a pro for multipathing across single ports.
Although I have heard that IBM plans to go to FCAL when its throughput
gets high enough that the arbitration no longer is a issue.

So far it looks like it may be IBM cause of price, they are really
coming in strong.  And all our figures indicate that the performance
between IBM and HDS is a wash.