SpamAssassin in front of the exchange org.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Fennema [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 8:52 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: OT :: Spam and Content Filtering

With mail it depends on where you want to filter it.  I am sure there
will be a lot of different opinions on this board, but we chose to
filter at the SMTP gateway.  Advantage, does not affect exchange box,
disadvantage does not filter internal e-mails.  We are using a product
called MailMarshal from Marshal Software (www.marshalsoftware.com). They
have both an SMTP version and one that plugs into exchange.  We have
been happy with it so far, and it was much more affordable than a lot of
the other solutions we looked at.  It also allows third party virus
scanners to plug into it (most major virus manufacturers).

Marshal also has a Web Filter (Web Marshal) but I have not used it to
comment on it.

-Ryan

N. Ryan Fennema, MCSE
Network Administrator
X-Rite Incorporated - Grandville, MI
Phone: (616) 257-2165 Fax: (616) 257-2165
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.XRite.com