hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Roger Seielstad
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 5:03 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: More OT: Hitachi SAN

 script that shuts down the db does the snapshot and then
> restarts the db
> all done in less than a minute. Yo

I don't know about you, but shutting down my Exchange databases takes
significantly longer than a minute. Granted, they're still predominantly
Ex5.5, but its not a one minute process. Might be if I did it daily, but
I can't, since we run 24x7.

Personally, I still think the best way to do it is to use a backup to
disk option and rip that to tape, or use an agent based backup.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA